USDA Certified Organic Essential Oils
Why You Should be Using Certified Organic Essential Oils:
1. Using certified organic products limits your exposure to pesticides, insecticides, larvicides, biocides, artificial chemical fertilizers, toxic chemicals and other harmful chemicals. When you use topical applications of essential oils, your skin, which is the largest organ in your body is soaking up those chemicals you are putting on it. Avoiding toxic chemicals like: Pesticides Insecticides Larvicides Herbicides Chemical Fertilizers Sewage Sludge is the number ONE reason people want to use organic products, and it's the ONLY way to make sure the products you're using don't contain concentrated residues of these toxic chemicals.
“There are over 400 chemical biocides (pesticides or herbicides) that might be used on aromatic plants, and many of these do carry over during the steam distillation process. The products of cold pressed citrus oils are even more likely to retain any biocides.” ~ Robert Tisserand
The National Academy of Science reports 90% of the chemicals applied to foods have not been tested for long-term health effects before being deemed “safe”. Billions of pounds of these biocides are used annually in America, the average application equates to about 16 pounds of toxic chemicals pesticides per person every year!
2. NON GMO. When you buy certified organic essential oils you are assured that they come from non-GMO plants. Did you know ⅓ of our crops in America are now genetically modified!?! Organically grown produce cannot be genetically modified in any way. Choosing organically grown produce (and essential oils) is the ONLY way to be sure that foods (and essential oils) have not been genetically engineered or modified.
3. No irradiation. Certified organic produce and essential oils are never irradiated.
4. No sewage sludge. Did you know that city sewage sludge (AKA “biosolids”) is dumped on US farm fields to fertilize them? The problem: antibiotics, heavy metals, lawn pesticides, gas, oil, detergents, and other harmful chemicals can wind up in a sewer and these harmful chemicals don’t go away with composting sewage into biosolids. Because plants absorb chemicals from the soil they’re grown in, when sewage sludge is used on produce any of these chemicals can show up in the produce. Certified organic produce and essential oils, meanwhile, are never grown in composted sewage waste.
5. When you buy organic products, you are doing your part in reducing the amount of pesticides, insecticides, larvicides, and other toxic biocides used on our planet and mother earth. Reduce Pollution and Protect Water and Soil Agricultural is a huge part of this. Toxic chemicals, pesticides, and synthetic fertilizers are contaminating our environment, poisoning our precious water supplies, and destroying the value of fertile farmlands. Certified organic standards do not permit the use of toxic chemicals in farming and require responsible management of healthy soil and biodiversity. According to Cornell entomologist David Pimentel, it is estimated that only 0.1% of applied pesticides reach the target pests. The bulk of pesticides (99.9%) is left to impact the environment.
6. When you support organic products you also preserve our ecosystem. Chemical abstinence in farming preserves and protects wildlife, insects, frogs, birds, worms, and other soil organisms so they can play their part in the delicate balance of our ecosystem. It is vital with all these toxic chemical biocides being poured on our country that we do our best to support chemical-free farming in America. If we don’t stand up to it, no one will. The way to do this is BUY ORGANIC! Organic farming supports eco-sustenance, or farming in harmony with nature. Preservation of soil and crop rotation keep farmlands healthy, and chemical abstinence preserves our precious ecosystem.
7. Better nutrition for our bodies. Organically grown foods have more nutrients - vitamins, minerals, enzymes, antioxidants, and micronutrients - than commercially grown foods because the soil is managed and nourished with sustainable practices by responsible standards. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine conducted a review of 41 published studies comparing the nutritional value of organically grown and conventionally grown fruits, vegetables, and grains and concluded that there are significantly more nutrients in organic food crops. Although vitamins and minerals do not come through the distillation process and are not in essential oils, other antioxidants and phytochemicals do. Cleaner healthier produce make cleaner healthier essential oils.
8. Higher Vibrational Properties. Plants grown without pesticides insecticides, larvicides, biocides, artificial chemical fertilizers, and toxic chemicals are much healthier. Their vibrational qualities are much stronger making them more therapeutic and excellent for healing. Essential oils for therapeutic use and healing should be certified organic or wildcrafted (which are unsprayed plants).
Every essential oil and carrier oil listed as certified organic on our website started from non-GMO seeds, has been grown, harvested, distilled, and handled without pesticides, insecticides, larvicides, biocides, artificial chemical fertilizers, toxic chemicals, sewage sludge (aka biosolids), other harmful chemicals, and irradiation according to the USDA NOP standards and is USDA certified.
Seeing the USDA certified organic seal on the product is your guarantee that the oil in the bottle is clean and that it really complies with all these organic standards.
We have developed relationships with farms, small distillers, and certified suppliers around the globe who are dedicated to producing clean, sustainable, organic products. We work with them to bring you the highest quality USDA certified organic and wildcrafted essential oils. Purify Skin Therapy is your source for superior quality pristine organic essential oils.
“You must obtain an organic certification for citrus oils if they are to be used internally at all.” ~ Jean Valnet, French MD, World Famous Aromatherapist
“Organic plants are grown without the use of chemicals. When taking oils internally it is important to use only those of certified organic quality." ~ Shirley Price, English Aromatherapist
“Many aromatic plants are grown with pesticides. Pesticides can cause a reaction that has nothing to do with the essential oil. Expressed essential oils from citrus plants are most likely to have high levels of pesticides, so always use organic citrus peel oils.” ~Jane Buckle, English RN
"Organic oils are obviously the best because of the complete absence of unwanted chemicals such as pesticides or artificial fertilizers.” ~ Shirly Price, English Aromatherapist
So how can one tell if an essential oil is organic or not? Look right on the label for the USDA certified organic symbol! Now that you see using certified organic oils is so important, you want to make sure you are using certified organic oils. Many essential oil companies claim to have organic oils, but to prove our commitment to you as our clients to provide only the cleanest oils we went through the process to get our oils USDA certified organic. We are inspected by a third company (OTCO) who verifies that our essential oils really are USDA certified organic. It is that important to us that you know you're getting only the best quality from us. Purify Skin Therapy is your trusted source of superior grade USDA certified organic essential oils. Most (76%) of our essential oils are USDA certified organic, the other 24% are sustainably and ethically wildcrafted, which means they're completely unsprayed, clean, healthy plants. We believe a cleaner healthier organic plant produces a cleaner healthier essential oil.
Purify Skin Therapy has USDA Certified Organic and Wildcrafted Essential Oils. These are the highest grade essential oils on the planet. Try them, experience them. We believe with just one smell you will smell the difference!